Search Our Members by Category of Business

Wilhelm Tell Platz in Hohenwald was built on land donated by First Citizens Bank, and in 1993 the City leased the property to the Lewis County Historical Society and then built an 1880's Switzerland-era design bandstand.
Chamber of Commerce

Pilot Club of Hohenwald

Contact Person: Courtney Fellers
550 Charles McClaren Rd
Hohenwald, TN 38462
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Phone: 615-969-1353

The Pilot Club of Hohenwald is a service organization dedicated to the prevention of brain related injuries and brain health. We sponsor numerous programs throughout the community relating to alzheimer's, dementia, and other brain related causes.

 

Pilot International was chartered on October 18, 1921 in Macon, Georgia, U.S.A. by Elizabeth Leonard and forty local businesswomen. The name “Pilot” was inspired by the mighty riverboat pilots of that day who represented leadership and guidance.

Pilot Principles: Friendship and Service
Motto: “True Course Ever”
Colors: Green (life and vigor) and Gold (sincerity of purpose)
Emblem: A riverboat pilot’s wheel with eight spokes
First Pilot President: Lucy B. Allen, elected at the organization’s first convention in 1922.

Pearl Sparks of Florence, Alabama wrote the Pilot Code of Ethics. It was first presented in 1926 at the 5th Annual PI Convention held in Montgomery, Alabama with 69 Pilots attending.

In 1929, Pilot organized its first club west of the Mississippi, the Pilot Club of El Paso, Texas. In 1932 the 22nd Pilot Club was organized in Juarez, Mexico, making Pilot a true “international” organization.

Ruby Newhall, President of Pilot International in 1949, first envisioned Anchor Clubs, Pilot’s youth service organization arm.

By 1954 the number of Pilot members had increased to 9,900. Membership hit an all time high of 20,877 in 1985.

The first issue of The Pilot Log was published in January 1924. Early issues were single page bulletins containing club news. Pearl Sparks, author of the Pilot Code of Ethics, once served as editor of The Pilot Log (1927-28).

Pilot International Foundation (now the Pilot International Founders Fund) was established in 1975 to further Pilot’s humanitarian efforts. Since the Pilot International Founders Fund grant program began in 1977, nearly 1,500 grants totaling more than $1.5 million have been disbursed to Pilot Clubs.


Cookie Policy    •    Privacy Policy    •    Copyright Notice    •    Terms of Use    •    Accessibility Statement    •    Site Map    •    Photography Credits

Copyright © 2020 Hohenwald-Lewis County Chamber of Commerce. All Rights Reserved.
PatVB Web Designs & Graphics